180 million years of rocks and fossils, 2000 years of people, 800 years of rope... and one tiger!
We re-opened in May 2017 after a major redevelopment, and we would love to see you!
The Museum has been redeveloped to create exciting, modern and interactive displays.
Our Museum is right in the heart of Bridport, a historic rope and net making town.
We invite you to explore our new’ Museum based in one of Bridport’s oldest buildings!
Come and discover:
- Our unique rope and netting collection with working machinery
- Beautiful Roman jewellery, mystical amulets and fearsome armour
- Amazing fossils from the Jurassic Coast World Heritage site
- Bridport’s dark history of disease, decay and death
- Fun family trails and activities
- Fascinating demonstrations
- Lively annual events and exhibitions
Museum: April to October, Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm; Saturday 10am-5pm.
November- March: please see website
Local History Centre: Year round, Tuesday - Thursday, 10am - 1pm and 2 - 4pm
Local History Centre: Free
The history of the town is told through the collections of social history, archaeology, photograph, fine art, costume, agriculture, archive and rope and net.
Archaeology, Archives, Coins and Medals, Costume and Textiles, Decorative and Applied Art, Fine Art, Maritime, Natural Sciences, Personalities, Science and Technology, Social History, Weapons and War, Agriculture, Performing Arts, Sport, Trade and Commerce, Industry, Medicine, Toys and Hobbies
25 South Street