all email enquiries
Community Museum celebrating the history and culture of the port and town of Goole and its surrounding area. Permanent exhibition plus temporary exhibition gallery
Tues Wed Thurs Fri 1000-1700
Closed: Free admission
Free of charge.
Archaeology, Archives, Costume and Textiles, Decorative and Applied Art, Fine Art, Maritime, Personalities, Science and Technology, Social History
Key artists and exhibits
- Reuben Chappell oil & watercolour ship portraits
- builder's model of Sir Malcolm Campbell's yacht Bluebird
- Edwardian diving gear used by Aire & Calder Navigation Co.
- Garside collection of local history material/photographs
Goole & the Great War
- 29 August — 25 November 2014
A volunteer generated exhibition looking at the role of Goole as a port during WWI. Areas covered will include merchant shipping, including the Royal Navy Reserves; local seamen and their families interned by the Germans at Ruhleben camp; and the effects on life in Goole generally, including a zeppelin attack that resulted in many deaths. Drawing on our own collections and with loans from local people and other museums.
- Any age