Museum of the Staffordshire Yeomanry - Queen's Own Royal Regiment

A Yeoman's Story - The Diary of Trooper Raymond Brown
Shop icon Study area icon

The collection covers the history of this County Yeomanry Cavalry Regiment from its formation in 1794 to 1945. Special emphasis is laid on the World War 2 period where the Yeomanry fought at El Alamein and later took part in the D Day landings and the crossing of the Rhine (in swimming tanks).

There is also an excellent collection of Victorian uniforms as well as items from the South African War and the First World War. Throughout there are displays of weapons, medals, pictures, detailed models and audio- visual displays. The museum is designed to appeal to the general public as well as military enthusiasts.

Venue Type:

Museum

Opening hours

31 March-30 October
Mon-Fri 0900-1700
Sat 1000-1600
31 October
Weekends 1000-1500

Admission charges

Please check before visiting.

Getting there

10 minutes walk from the station. By car exit M6 at J13 then A449 or J14 then A34

Collection details

Weapons and War, Costume and Textiles, Fine Art, Coins and Medals

Getting there

10 minutes walk from the station. By car exit M6 at J13 then A449 or J14 then A34

Museum of the Staffordshire Yeomanry - Queen's Own Royal Regiment
Greengate Street
Stafford
Staffordshire
ST16 2HS
England

Website

www.armymuseums.org.uk/museums/0000000139-Staffordshire-Yeomanry-Museum.htm

Telephone

01785 619131

All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
advertisement