Quality outdoor learning. © English Heritage
Learning Outside The Classroom Quality Badge has now gone live.
You will now find it easier to take your class out on a trip with the new Quality Badge from the government-backed Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) initiative.
The Quality Badge will be awarded to providers such as museums, galleries and heritage sites who have pledged 'to engage in an ongoing process to sustain high-quality learning outside the classroom and who have demonstrated that they meet six quality indicators.'
1. has a process in place to assist users to plan the learning experience effectively;
2. provides accurate information about its offer;
3. provides activities, experience or resources which meet learner needs;
4. reviews the experience and acts on feedback;
5. meets the needs of the users;
6. has safety management processes in place to manage risk effectively.
The Learning Outside the Classroom website is a resource designed to help professionals working with young people aged 0–19 to provide high-quality experiences beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development, whatever their age, ability or circumstances.
Since its launch in November 2006, more than 1376 organisations and individuals have signed up in support of the Manifesto for Learning Outside the Classroom vision and aims.
You can search for a Quality Badge holder on the Learning Outside the Classroom website.