The Castle Bude
Bude-Stratton Museum was established in 1974 by the Town Council in an old blacksmith's forge once owned by Bude Canal.
By 1994 it had become the first north Cornwall museum to gain MGC Certification status. In 2007 it was renamed ‘heritage centre’ and re-housed in the Council’s newly renovated building, The Castle. Here it continues to collect, conserve and document material relating to the history and heritage of the area.
Archive, Gallery, Museum, Heritage site
Summer Hours - Easter Weekend-31 October
Last entry to the Heritage Centre 1600
1 November to Easter Weekend
11.00 to 16.00
Last entry to the Heritage Centre 1500
Closed: Open daily
Summer and Winter times see above.
Entry to the shop, gallery is free
Entry to the Heritage Centre
Child: £2.50 [5 - 15. Under 5s go free]
Family ticket: £10 [2 + 3]
Our archives are open to the public by appointment only.