Culture24 Conference: Let's Get Real at Bristol's Watershed on September 20 and 21 2011.
Download the Conference Schedule as a pdf
Do we really know what we are doing online? Does counting the visitors to our websites really tell us anything? Do we need all the social media channels we start? Is there evidence of real engagement happening online? Do we really know what we are trying to achieve and who it is for?
These are difficult questions that everyone developing online services needs to ask themselves. It has almost become a cliché to say that online technologies have touched our lives, changed our behaviour and altered our expectations. The cultural sector is not immune to these changes, but how do we know if we are actually doing well?
Come and join Culture24 for some honesty, plain-speaking and troubleshooting. You can listen to great presentations, find out about our latest action research and most importantly join in the workshops, Crit Room, helpdesks and breakout sessions. You will leave with a better understanding of not just what success online might look like, but what it can mean for your organisation.
See the complete conference schedule and meet the speakers.
When: Evening of Tuesday September 20, 5pm to 9pm. Then all day on Wednesday September 21, 9am to 6pm.
Where: Watershed, Bristol
Cost: All Inclusive Early Bird Price: £150 (£180 after August 31)
- Keynote from Tom Uglow, Creative Lead at the Google Creative Lab.
- Publication of the final report from Culture24 Action Research Project: How to Evaluate Online Success?
- Session with Matt Locke (Storythings.com), plus lessons on “failing forwards” from some of the Action Research partners
- Practical workshop strands looking at both strategy and tactics
- Crit Room: submit your site’s problems for some friendly group therapy and constructive analysis
- Evening social event sponsored by Google with local food, ales and wine, and an exhibition of digital interactive work from Watershed’s Pervasive Media Studio, including Stand and Stare's interactive Theatre Jukebox
To receive email updates about the Let's Get Real conference, the Action Research Project, and Culture24's other work please sign up here.