Witney & District Museum
75 High Street
The museum is situated in a traditional Cotswold stone building that was formerly the home of Malachi Bartlett, a prolific Victorian builder. The ground floor contains a large gallery containing local history displays, while the upper floor contains a large gallery used for temporary displays and two smaller rooms, one of which is furnished as a traditional Witney kitchen of circa 1953.
Museum, Archive, Gallery
15th April 2009 - 25th October 2010
Accompanied children: Free
- Museums Association
The collections reflect the social, industrial and military history of the township of Witney and the surrounding area. Local industries such as blanket-making and brewing are represented, and there are, in addition, large archive and photographic collections.
Archives, Aviation, Land Transport, Photography, Religion, Science and Technology, Social History, Toys and Hobbies, Weapons and War