1 Elmsleigh Road
After 25 years in the Old Staines Fire Station, in 2006 a professionally designed Spelthorne Museum opened with the entrance through Staines Library, Friends Walk. Close to public transport links and with disabled parking spaces in the nearby Riverside car park. The premises are fully accessible for wheelchair users.
The Museum is divided into two rooms -
The Elmsleigh Room, which covers the history of Spelthorne, from the Ice age to modern times. One display case 'Window on Spelthorne' has a different display each month.
The Thames Room, which has a Victorian kitchen layout, a replica Roman shop, the 1738 parish fire engine and the Museum shop and is open when Volunteers are on duty.
Access to the Elmsleigh Room (The History of Spelthorne) Entrance through Staines Library opening hours:
Mon, Weds, Fri: 9:00 to 6:00pm
Tues, Thurs: 9:00am to 7:00pm
Sat: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 10th November
Museum not open to the public until 1.30pm due to SPARCS meeting
Access to the Thames Room (further displays, Museum Shop, Volunteers on duty):
Weds & Fri: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Sat: 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Archaeology, Archives, Coins and Medals, Natural Sciences, Science and Technology, Social History