John Bunyan Museum and Library

John Bunyan Museum and Library
Bunyan Meeting Free Church
Mill Street
Bedford
Bedfordshire
MK40 3EU
England

Website

www.bunyanmeeting.co.uk

E-mail

curator@bunyanmeeting.co.uk

Telephone

01234 270303

Fax

Church Office

01234 213722

All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
baby changing facilities icon Food icon Guided tours icon Shop icon Library icon Study area icon Wheelchair access icon

John Bunyan became the minister of the church following his release from prison in 1672. He remained until his death in 1688. The present building was opened in 1850.

Scenes from The Pilgrim’s Progress are depicted on the magnificent bronze entrance doors and in some of the finest samples of 20th and 21st century stained glass windows. This beautiful building, steeped in Christian history, is today a living centre of Christian worship and service to the community.

Although John Bunyan is best known as the author of The Pilgrim’s Progress, he wrote some sixty books and pamphlets in all. Many of these are on display in the library section of the museum, together with over 200 foreign editions of The Pilgrim’s Progress.

Venue Type:

Museum, Library, Archive, Heritage site

Opening hours

1 March-29 October 2011
Tues-Sat 11.00-16.00 Last entry 15.45
Groups/School parties are welcome throughout the year by prior arrangement

Closed: Good Friday

Admission charges

Free

Discounts

  • Museums Association
  • British Association of Friends of Museums

Additional info

The Library is open by appointment only.

Collection details

Archives, Fine Art, Personalities, Social History

advertisement