Hythe Local History Room
The Hythe Local History Room was established in the neighbourhood of Oaklands, in 1933, in a house left to the town and Cinque Port of Hythe by Dr Randolph Davis.
The collection, including material about archaeology and social history as well as paintings, illustrates the history of the town and the Small Arms School, in three rooms adjoining the public library.
Much of the framed material is watercolour or local prints; most of the oils have been donated by local people, or are of local scenes. The portraits are mostly located in the town hall, and have belonged to the town for many years.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs & Fri 09.00-18.00
Please see web site for more details.
Archaeology, Archives, Weapons and War, Costume and Textiles, Fine Art, Coins and Medals, Social History