This competition has now closed
Billed as the greatest show (and tell) on Earth, Maker Faire UK returns to Newcastle’s Life Science Centre on April 26 and 27 2014 – and you could win a pair of weekend tickets.
© Richard Kenworthy
From soldering and 3D printing to fire-breathing dragons and talking robots, this is one explosion of creativity not to be missed.
This competition has closed.
There’s a giant outdoor arena which will be filled with everything from street entertainers to giant floating turtles and other madcap inventions.
RoboHand, a huge hydraulically-powered robotic fist with the power to crush small cars in its grasp, takes centre stage, while Binbot, a four metre high robot made from 33 bright pink wheelie bins, will entertain the crowds in between music sets from the likes of SpaceDog and the Kentucky Cow Tippers.
Heading indoors, there’ll be more than 300 Makers to meet from crafters and coders to inventors and performers. One of the main attractions is sure to be the UK premiere of Philip K Dick android - an impressively realistic robotic version of the sci-fi author who penned such classics as Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and VALIS.
For full details of Maker Faire UK and to buy tickets in advance, visit makerfaireuk.com.
Terms and conditions:
• This competition is not open to employees of Culture24 or their families
• Entrants must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK
• All entrants must include contact details or their entry will be discarded
• All contact details will be deleted after the competition
• The winner will be informed on Friday April 18
• The winner will be drawn at random, decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into
• Culture24 do not take responsibility for any lost or late entries
• This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary
• The prize must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred, and there is no cash alternative