Competition: Win a copy of Sebastião Salgado, Genesis (rrp £44.99) courtesy of Taschen
Having seen deforestation in his native Brazil, acclaimed photographer Sebastião Salgado went to five corners of the earth in pursuit of a portrait of the natural world.
© Sebastião Salgado / Amazonas Images / nbpictures
The results can be seen in his stunning series of black and white photographs currently showing in an exhibition at the Natural History Museum, as well as in this beautiful monograph from the pioneering art publishing house TASCHEN.
Sebastião Salgado, Genesis is a sumptuous, 520-page hardcover with 17 fold outs arranged across five chapters geographically: Planet South, Sanctuaries, Africa, Northern Spaces, Amazonia and Pantanal.
We have a copy of this beautiful tome (rrp £44.99) to give away. To be in with a chance of winning it answer this simple question:
What is the name of the Brazilian gold mine Salgado photographed for his seminal series Workers?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org with Salgado in the subject line.
Deadline for entries is 2pm Thursday May 2 2013.
Terms and conditions:
- This competition is not open to employees of Culture24 or TASCHEN publishing or their families.
- Entrants must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK.
- All entrants must include contact details or their entry will be discarded.
- All contact details will be deleted after the competition.
- The winner will be informed on Thursday May 2.
- The winner will be drawn at random, decisions are final and no correspondence will not be entered into.
- Culture24 and TASCHEN do not take responsibility for any lost or late entries.
- This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
- The prize must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred, and there is no cash alternative.