Royal Highland Fusiliers Regimental Museum
518 Sauchiehall Street
0141 332 0961
0141 353 1493
The building at 518 Sauchiehall Street has been the HQ of the RHF since 1960. However, the earliest part of it dates from 1825 and originally formed part of Albany Place, a terrace of townhouses extending from Garnet Street to Charing Cross.
In 1903 the architect, in partnership with Charles Rennie Macintosh, was commissioned by Glasgow photographer Thomas Annan, to design an extension to the building. The ground floor originally comprised Annan’s showroom and salon (now forming Galleries 1 and 2 of the museum.)
Extensive building works have been carried out to both Albany Terrace and the former Annan studio to repair and reinstate the original building fabric. The 1904 shop-front has been re-instated as have the Glasgow Style lift and stairway. The refurbished museum was officially opened by George Robertson, the (then) Secretary of State for Defence in February 1999.
Sat-Sun Bank holidays & Christmas Period Closed
Archives, Weapons and War, Costume and Textiles, Decorative and Applied Art, Fine Art, Music, Land Transport