143 High Street
Linlithgow Heritage Trust, a company limited by guarantee with charitable status, formed in 1991, operates the Linlithgow Story. The museum is housed in Annet House, built in 1787,a class 3 listed building , which it leases from West Lothian Council. An Executive Board elected from within its membership manages the Trust. The Board is responsible for setting the policy for management of the Trust and for overseeing the day-to-day management of the museum and garden, the maintenance of the collection and the development of displays and exhibitions
The Museum opens for the Season on 25 March and is open every day:
10am to 5pm Mondays to Saturdays
1pm to 4pm on Sundays.
The museum closes for the season on 28 October
£1.50 for adults
£1.00 for children and concessions
£3.00 for a family ticket
The collection is representative principally of the social history of the town with photographs and objects largely from the 19th and early 20th century. The displays tell of the industries and occupations of the town and the lives of the people and also recount the town's history as a Royal Burgh.
The Trust has also the collection of Christpher Dawson a 19th century local schoolmaster who amassed a large and wide ranging private collection
Architecture, Archives, Coins and Medals, Industry, Land Transport, Law and Order, Medicine, Natural Sciences, Personalities, Photography, Science and Technology, Social History, Sport, Trade and Commerce, Weapons and War, World Cultures
Key artists and exhibits
- The colours of the Scotch Brigade(94th Foot) raised in Linlithgow in 1793 are displayed
- Also displayed are panels from an early 18th century painted ceiling