Pittencrieff House Museum

Pittencrieff House Museum
Pittencrieff Park
Dunfermline
Fife
KY12 8QH
Scotland

Website

www.fife.gov.uk/atoz/index.cfm?fuseaction=facility.display&facid=F713AACC-4371-4E39-BD890CA6DC218D9F

Telephone

01383 722 935

Fax

01383 314049

All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Shop icon

From the outside you can see that Pittencrieff House was once a private residence. In fact it was a home for nearly 300 years until Andrew Carnegie bought the grounds in 1903. Now it houses a fully accessible exhibition called "Magic of the Glen" on the ground floor. Come and find out how the Park came to be - it's a story involving fossils and furry creatures covering 350 million years.

Children can hunt for Calum the Cartoon Cockroach whose ancestors lived at the time when coal was still growing here in tropical swamps. Magic of the Glen also features fabulous photographs of the buildings in the Park and people at play. The 3D "touchy" model of the Glen shows just what a dramatic landscape this is. A free self-guided walk leaflet is available from the Museum.

Venue Type:

Museum

Opening hours

2 March-31 October
Daily 1100-1700
Open Bank holidays
1 November-1 March
Daily 1100-1600

Admission charges

FREE.

Collection details

Archaeology, Archives, Coins and Medals, Costume and Textiles, Fine Art, Land Transport, Maritime, Natural Sciences, Personalities, Science and Technology, Social History, Weapons and War

advertisement