Clan Gunn Heritage Centre and Museum

Clan Gunn Heritage Centre and Museum
Old Parish Church
Latheron
Highland
KW5 6DG
Scotland

Website

www.clangunnsociety.org

Telephone

01593 721 325

Fax

01593 721 325

All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Shop icon Study area icon

The Clan Gunn Heritage Centre and Museum is housed in the old Parish Church, Latheron which was built in 1734. The church was gifted to the Society in 1974 and after considerable fund raising within the clan and with financial support from the Highlands and Islands Development Board, Caithness District Council and The Scottish Countryside Commission it was officially opened on 22nd August 1985.

The centre tells the story of the clan from its Norse origins to the present day against the background of the history of the north of Scotland. It also contains one of the best clan archives in Scotland based on many years of research by Dr.Colin Gunn, the clan Seannachaidh and by Abb L. Gunn the clan genealogist.

Venue Type:

Museum

Opening hours

The Heritage Centre is open from 1st June to 30th September- Mondays to Saturdays- 11.00am to 1.00pm and from 2.00pm to 4pm.

Admission charges

Free

Collection details

Archaeology, Archives, Costume and Textiles, Fine Art, Weapons and War

advertisement