The Manx Museum is bursting with artefacts and treasures unique to the Isle of Man. The Island’s 10,000 year history is presented through film, galleries and interactive displays. The perfect starting point on your journey of discovery around our Island and its Viking and Celtic past.
- Introductory film to the Island’s 10,000 year history
- National Art Gallery Viking hoards of silver and gold in the Viking Gallery
- The story of Tynwald, the oldest continuous Parliament in the world
- Manx landscape, wildlife and habitats in the Natural History Gallery
- The Island at War and its internment camps
- The world-famous TT races, legendary riders and their motorbikes
- The Holiday Isle in its heyday as a tourist destination from Victorian times
- Gifts and souvenirs in our Gallery Shop
- Refreshments in the Bay Room Cafe Visit our latest temporary exhibition
- Visit the National Library & Archive and uncover stories on www.imuseum.im
Museum, Gallery, Library, Archive
Open Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm.
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Tynwald Day.
- English Heritage
- Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments
- Historic Scotland
- National Art Pass
- National Trust
Archaeology, Archives, Coins and Medals, Costume and Textiles, Decorative and Applied Art, Fine Art, Land Transport, Maritime, Music, Natural Sciences, Personalities, Science and Technology, Social History, Weapons and War
Isle of Man