Royal Irish Fusiliers Museum

eagle and uniform
Shop icon Study area icon Visual disability facilities icon

The museum is in Sovereign’s House, a Grade B listed building. Sovereign's House can be found at one end of The Mall about 10 metres from the Court House and five minutes walk from the Translink Bus station.

The collection contains the uniforms, medals, regalia and the two Victoria Crosses won by the Regiment. The Regimental archive and library may be viewed by appointment.

Venue Type:

Museum

Opening hours

Mon - Fri (incl Bank Holidays) 10am - 12.30pm and & 1.30 - 4pm
1st Sat each month (May-Sep) 10am - 12.30pm and & 1.30 - 4pm
12th/13th July, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day - Closed
Dates may vary, please check website for up to date information.

Admission charges

Admission free.

Additional info

Research available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Please book in advance.

Collection details

Archives, Weapons and War, Costume and Textiles

Exhibition details are listed below, you may need to scroll down to see them all.
misery and mud

1917 Misery and Mud

  • 2 January — 29 December 2017 *on now

1917 on the Western Front saw both sides beleaguered and
bogged down for yet another year! The Third Battle of Ypres,
commonly known as The Battle of Passchendaele would become infamous.
The Royal Irish Fusiliers spent 1917 on all fronts!
A more fluid war was underway in the Region of The Levant and the glorious capture of Jerusalem was the aim.

Suitable for

  • Family friendly

Royal Irish Fusiliers Museum
Sovereign's House
Mall East
Armagh
Co. Armagh
BT61 9DL
Northern Ireland

Website

www.royalirishfusiliersmuseum.com

E-mail

fusiliersmuseum@yahoo.co.uk

Telephone

0283 752 2911

All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
advertisement