King's Own Scottish Borderers Regimental Museum
Berwick Upon Tweed
The history of the Regiment from 1689 to 2006 is traced through displays of uniforms, badges, medals, weapons and relics from the various campaigns in which it has been involved. Tableaux and dioramas dramatically bring to life the Regiment’s battles and aspects of the soldier’s profession.
Museum, Archive, Gallery
Mon – Fri 10.00 – 16.30 (March 1st – October 31st)
Closed: Admission by prior appointment Mon - Fri November 1st - February 28th
Children under 16 £2.30
Children under 5 free
Serving members of the Armed Forces and members of the KOSB Regimental Association free on production of ID
Members of English Heritage and The Museums Association free. Members of Historic Scotland and CADW free, or half price
Free admission for pre-booked education groups
Berwick Barracks is an English Heritage site. The admission charge provides access to the Regimental Museum, the exhibition ‘By Beat of Drum’, and Berwick Town Museum and Art Gallery.
- Museums Association
- Historic Scotland
- English Heritage
- Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments
Parking: There is a paying car park 50 metres from the Barracks.
Facilities on site: Toilets (including disabled), Museum sales point. Light refreshments are available in the English Heritage shop. There is at present no wheelchair access to the exhibitions in the Regimental Museum.