24 Old Gloucester Street
020 7242 7367
020 7405 1851
Art Gallery showing contemporary Art from Africa, Asia, Australia, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East
Cafe - serving cuisine from around the world
Open air courtyard, library, theatre, concert hall to hire.
Closed: Mondays and Sundays
Past exhibtions have included work by Gerald Wilde, William S Burroughs, Aubrey Williams, Kenji Yoshida, Ablade Glover, El Anatsui and Laila Shawa.
Key artists and exhibits
- 1. Australian Aboriginal artist Rosella Namok until 23rd October
- 2. 25 year celebrations from November 5th- January 31st. Centred around a spectacular visual arts exhibition, Intelligence Now! will also include poetry readings, live dance performances and children’s workshops.
- Many of the works featured have been specially commissioned for the event.
Participate - Global Citizenship through Art & Design
The aim of PARTICIPATE is to provide teachers with the resources to effectively teach Global Citizenship through art and design. Run as a partnership project by the October Gallery and Reading International Solidarity Centre (RISC), PARTICIPATE offers teachers an exciting opportunity to widen their knowledge and understanding of contemporary arts from the majority world.
- Liz Fraser-Betts, Education Coordinator, October Gallery
- Shehnoor Ahmed, Arts Coordinator, RISC