Win Dr Peter Chasseaud's fascinating study of the First World War through maps, Mapping the First World War.
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED - COMPETITION NOW CLOSED - COMPETITION NOW CLOSED - COMPETITION NOW CLOSED - COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
We have two copies to give away of this penetrating new book (rrp £30) which uses the vast First World War cartographic collection of the Imperial War Museum to tell the story of the Great War from 1914 to 1918.
The First World War was, more than any other conflict, a war of maps. From military plans and trench maps right through to the commercial maps given away with the newsapapers of the day, thousands of maps were produced to chart the war's progress.
New developments in aerial photography allowed both sides to develop sophisticated plans of the zones behind enemy lines, revolutionising military planning.
Chasseaud's fully illustrated book draws on all of these new developments to produce an accessible yet penetrating study that offers a new perspective of the Great War on sea, land and air.
To win a copy simply email competitions@culture24 with 'Mapping' in the subject line.
We will pluck two lucky winners out of the hat and send the book out to you - so don't forget to include your postal address. Good luck!
Terms and conditions:
- This competition is not open to employees of Culture24 or Collins or their families.
- Entrants must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK.
- All entrants must include contact details or their entry will be discarded. All contact details will be deleted after the competition.
- Winners will be informed on Friday, November 22.
- Winners will be drawn at random, decisions are final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Culture24 and Collins do not take responsibility for any lost or late entries.
- This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
- The prize must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred, and there is no cash alternative..