Competition: win a copy of The Norman Conquest by historian and broadcaster Marc Morris...
Dan Snow describes it as "a suitably epic account of one the most seismic events in British history", Tom Holland reckons it's a "wonderfully shrewd account" and Helen Castor says it's a "muscular, vivid narrative fuill of compelling historical insight"
Marc Morris's The Norman Conquest has got the critics raving and we have three copies of the new paperback edition to give away.
To win your copy simply answer this question:
Who was William the Conqueror's father?
Email your answer with "1066" in the subject line to email@example.com and we'll pick three lucky winners out of the hat.
Competition closes midday Thursday, March 28.
Terms and conditions:
- This competition is not open to employees of Culture24 or Random House or their families.
- Entrants must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK.
- All entrants must include contact details or their entry will be discarded. All contact details will be deleted after the competition.
- Winner will be informed on Thursday, March 28.
- Winner will be drawn at random, decisions are final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Culture24 and Random House do not take responsibility for any lost or late entries.
- This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
- The prize must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred, and there is no cash alternative.