COMPETITION NOW CLOSED, COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
It's shaping up to be a good autumn for Egyptology fans with a new Egypt gallery opening at Manchester Museum and a fascinating photography exhibition at Quadriga Gallery, at Wellington Arch, exploring the taste for Egyptology in British archtecture.
The latter has been organised under the auspices of English Heritage, who have produced a fascinating new book called Egypt in England. And we have a copy to give away.
To grab yourself this first detailed guide to the use of Egyptian style in architecture and interiors in England, simply answer the following question:
What was the name of the Italian explorer and adventurer who brought many Egyptian artefacts to Britain in the Georgian period - including the great bust of Rameses II, now resident at the British Museum?
Email your answer, with Egypt in the subject line, not forgetting to include your name and address, to email@example.com
We’ll pick one lucky winner out of the hat and send it out. Competition closes Friday November 2 2012.
Terms and conditions:
- This competition is not open to employees of Culture24, English Heritage or their families
- Entrants must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK
- All entrants must include contact details or their entry will be discarded. All contact details will be deleted after the competition
- Winner will be informed on Tuesday, November 6 2012
- Winner will be drawn at random, decisions are final and correspondence will not be entered into
- Culture24 and Rizzoli do not take responsibility for any lost or late entries
- This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary
- The prize must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred, and there is no cash alternative