Royal Lincolnshire Regimental Museum
The Old Barracks
01522 528 448
01522 521 264
Fittingly, the building that this Museum resides in, was once the City Barracks. The Architect was Henry Goddard, who was the County Surveyor at that time. It was built in 1857, as a Barracks, Armoury and Store for the Loyal North Lincoln Militia.
The Officers accommodation was within the Barracks. Other ranks lived in nearby Mill Road. These blocks of houses were designed with divided living space for families on the ground floor. The single men slept in a long continuous dormitory on the first floor. The first floors were separated when the houses were no longer required for military personnel.
The museum collection contains uniforms, medals, weapons, Regimental Silver, paintings, photographs, archival material and personal effects relating to the history of the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment and the Lincolnshire Yeomanry.
Opening hours vary. Please see website for details.