Competition: Win a copy of Douglas Coupland retrospective everywhere is anywhere is anything is everything
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED - THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ENTERED
© Vancouver Art Gallery © Douglas Coupland
A visually rich retrospective, Douglas Coupland: everywhere is anywhere is anything is everything - out now from Black Dog Publishing - is the first monograph to provide a comprehensive overview of the bestselling author, designer and artist’s visual art practice.
An intoxicating mix of high and low culture, the book details Coupland’s exploration of cultural identity, the lasting endurance of Pop art, and his continuing fascination with military iconography as presented through a diverse range of media, including painting, prints, photography, sculpure and installation.
Alongside his celebrated status as author of 13 bestselling novels, including his seminal debut Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture, Coupland’s output reflects the commitment of a true multidisciplinarian - he graduated in 1985 from the Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design, Vancouver before furthering his studies at the Hokkaido College of Art and Design in Japan, as well as the Sapporo Instituto Europeo di Design, Milan.
After concentrating on his literary works for the entire 1990s, Coupland returned to his dormant artistic practice, exhibiting his work internationally in many solo and collective exhibitions.
The book features specially commissioned texts by Hans-Ulrich Obrist, Chuck Klosterman and REM frontman Michael Stipe, among others.
- Want to win a copy? Email 'Coupland' to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to include your contact details and postal address.
Terms and conditions:
- This competition is not open to employees of Culture24, Black Dog Publishing or their families.
- Entrants must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK.
- All entrants must include contact details or their entry will be discarded. All contact details will be deleted after the competition.
- Winners will be informed on Monday September 15 2014.
- Winners will be drawn at random, decisions are final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Culture24 and Black Dog Publishing do not take responsibility for any lost or late entries.
- This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
- The prize must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred, and there is no cash alternative.