Coultershaw Water Pump
This waterwheel-driven three-throw beam pump was installed in 1782 to pump water from the River Rother up to Petworth, 1½ miles away and 150ft higher.
It has been restored by the Sussex Industrial Archaeology Society with the aid of grants from the Department of the Environment and West Sussex County Council.
The machinery has been put in working order and a 100 year old barn from
Goodwood erected over it to act as a reception and display centre.
Industrial heritage site
1st and 3rd Sundays, April - September (inclusive)
11.00am - 5.00pm.
Minimum for Admission £2.00 for Adults
Accompanied Children Free