House of Manannan
At the House of Manannan, journey through a life sized reconstruction of a Celtic roundhouse, join the crew of the Odin’s Raven Viking longship and find out what life was like in a Viking longhouse. See the grandeur of a Viking royal court and explore Viking artefacts in the Kingdom of Mann gallery.
Discover the magnificent stone crosses dotted around the Isle of Man’s and listen to some of the stories in the stones. Explore 19th Century Peel with a walk around the sailmakers loft, chandlers shop, quayside, complete with sights and smells from the Manx kipper yard, and uncover the importance of the sea to the lives of the people on the Isle of Man.
During your journey from past to present you’ll also come face to face with characters telling you stories and superstitions from the Island’s past. An attraction not to be missed!
- Celtic roundhouse and its occupants
- Viking Longhouse
- Odin’s Raven Viking longship
- 19th Century Peel quayside
- A Manx Kipper Yard
- Quayside warehouse with sailmakers, coopers and chandlers shops
- ‘Spit Corner’ eavesdrop on conversations between the fisher-folk
- Maritime encounters with merchants, smugglers and sea captains
- Steam-Packet gallery
- Chronicles of the Kings of Man and the Isles – earliest written account of the Isle of Man
- Carvings on the stone crosses in Stories in the Stones theatre
- The latest temporary exhibition
- Gifts and souvenirs in Manannan’s shop
- Refreshments at the Coffee Station
Ship or maritime heritage site, Gallery, Heritage site
Open daily from 10.00 - 17.00.
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Child (5-15) £3.00
Free admission to members of the Friends of Manx National Heritage.
-Holiday Passes for multi-site admission.
-Group discounts to pre-booked group visitors of 15 or more paying visitors.
-Free entry available to Isle of Man School children with a valid ACE card sponored by Lloyds Bank.
-Season Passes for Isle of Man residents Heritage and Transport multi-use passes.
- National Trust
- Historic Scotland
- English Heritage
- Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments
House of Manannan
Isle of Man