LF3.01 The Leathermarket
11 - 13 Weston Street
Main office line
020 7403 4482
Arts Inform exists to build links between the creative and cultural industries and the London schools system.
In carrying out this mission, Arts Inform seeks to be innovative in the development and dissemination of best practice models in the field of arts partnerships. Accordingly, it has adopted the following broad aims:
• to enhance the learning of young people about arts processes and production
• to contribute to policy development through pioneering models of best practice
• to support curriculum delivery by working to a precise curriculum focus
• to promote work related learning
• to contribute to or complement the education and training programme of Arts Council England
Arts Inform work regularly with the RIBA and have pioneered several majpr projects linking Architects with schools.
Campaign or initiative
Mon - Thurs 09.30 - 17.00
Architects in Residence
Architects in Residence is designed to support architects working with teachers on school-based projects in both primary, secondary schools and sixth form colleges.
The resource provides a step-by-step guide to setting up a school based architecture and built environment project. The project model is based on a practitioner partnership between an architect and a teacher and is recognised as CPD for both. It supports both individual projects between a single practitioner and school and larger programmes.
Architects in Residence has been developed and piloted in schools by Arts Inform in partnership with the RIBA Trust, with support from CABE.
- Arts Inform
- RIBA Trust
How to obtain
FREE resource - available online