Haig Colliery Mining Museum

Haig Colliery Mining Museum
Solway Road
Kells
Whitehaven
Cumbria
CA28 9BG
England

Website

Haig Colliery Mining Museum

www.haigpit.com

E-mail

General Enquiries

museum@haigpit.com

Sherrie Lewthwaite - Manager

Sherrie@haigpit.com

Colin McCourt - Heritage Officer

Colin@haigpit.com

Linda Sykes - Administrator

Linda@haigpit.com

Barry Prest - Chairman

Barry@haigpit.com

Telephone

01946 599949

Fax

01946 61896

All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Guided tours icon Shop icon Library icon Visual disability facilities icon Wheelchair access icon

Haig Colliery Mining Museum is situated high on the cliffs above Whitehaven with magnificent views across to the Scottish Hills and the Isle of Man.

The museum is a twenty minute detour from the famous Coast to Coast Walk and within yards of the Cumbria Coastal Way.

Venue Type:

Museum

Opening hours

Mon-Sun 1000-1700

Closed: Wednesdays

Admission charges

Free Entry

Collection details

Social History

advertisement