WW1 Commemoration Design Competition.
Introduction: As part of the process of commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the 1st World War we aim to inspire and raise the aspirations of children and young people by inviting them to create a design to commemorate this historical event.
Invitation: All Schools, F.E colleges, children/youth organisations and individual children of Staffordshire and Cheshire are invited to take part.
Entries will be judged and the winners will have their winning design applied to a ceramic tile (that will be part of a public piece of art), mug and coaster.
Association or society, Campaign or initiative
Entry is FREE OF CHARGE.
Criteria: Entries/ artwork to be submitted on a 30 x 20 cm piece of paper or card. Designs can be created using computer graphics, digital photography, line drawing and painting. There is no restriction on the number of colours however Metallic colours cannot be applied.
Entries will be split and judged in the following categories:
Key Stage or Age Group. Theme.
• Foundation (Under 5’s) Colours of the countryside pre 1914
• Key Stage 1 (Age 5 – 7) Allied Flags
• Key Stage 2 (Age 8 – 11) Local WW1 Heroes
• Key Stage 3 (Age 12 – 14) Flowers of the field
• Key Stage 4 (Age 15 – 16) Peace
• Further Education 16+ The future
The winners will be selected on the strength of,
* Originality of design ideas * Suitability for application * We want to be amazed and inspired
Further information etc. can be obtained from , www.archnorthstaffs.org.uk or tell 07990588639.
Closing Date for entries is Friday 12th September 2014
308 London Road
Stoke on Trent