Sandham Memorial Chapel (National Trust)
Sandham Memorial Chapel
Chapel containing Stanley Spencer's visionary paintings:
* Unique 1920s decorated chapel
* Filled with Stanley Spencer's murals inspired by the experience of First World War
* Internationally recognised monument of British art
* Orchard carpeted with wild flowers, with views of Watership Down
* Stanley Spencer educational resources
Gallery, Sacred space
End February to mid-December. Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun except February March November & December when Sandham is open on Sat & Sun. See NT website for more details.
See NT website for more details.
- National Trust
Groups by prior arrangement only. No parking on site, parking in lay-by opposite chapel. Access information available.
Stanley Spencer books on sale.
Fine Art, Religion, Weapons and War
Key artists and exhibits
- Murals by Stanley Spencer