British Deaf History Society
The British Deaf History Society (BDHS) is a recognised voluntary and charitable organisation with its own Constitution.
The BDHS’s objectives are:
* to encourage the study of and foster an interest in Deaf History.
* to encourage the preservation of records and material related to the Deaf and of historical value.
* to produce publications in connection with Deaf History.
Actions undertaken by British Deaf History Society:
* Deaf History Journal is issued and distributed among members three times annually.
* Workshops for local Deaf History are arranged at least twice annually.
* Visits to Deaf History places abroad.
* Books and documents on Deaf History are published.
* Campaigns for the preservation of Deaf material are carried out.
* Projects on Deaf History are supported and funded wherever and whenever applicable.
* Collaborate with schools, universities and colleges on Deaf History Studies.
* Compile and update catalogue on Deaf History in association with libraries and archives.
Association or society