Northern Print is the centre for contemporary printmaking in the North East. We’re here for everyone interested in any aspect of printmaking.
Our studio and gallery is based in Ouseburn in Newcastle upon Tyne and receives regular funding from Arts Council England, North East. This is what we do:
* Provide first-class printmaking facilities to meet the needs of our studio users.
* Place the very best artists at the centre of our programme and promote printmaking to the widest possible audience.
* Promote and sell prints, thereby generating income as well as contributing to the stature and financial well being of artists and printmakers in the North East.
* Contribute to ongoing research and development of printmaking together with printmakers from around the world.
* Act as a focus and catalyst for all those involved in the advocacy of printmaking, including schools, colleges, curators, artists groups and collectors.
Gallery, Artist studio or collective
Gallery opening times:
Wednesday - Saturday – 12.00 - 16.00
Sun, Mon and Tues – closed
Please check opening times during Christmas and New Year.
Please contact Northern Print for details of studio opening times and classes and courses programme.
Gallery entrance is free
- 19 — 20 May 2017 7-11pm
Our packed Late Shows programme has a thought provoking and expressive element. With attitudes to identity shaping many of the recent headlines, we would like to invite you to use our beautiful letterpress type to show us how you choose to define yourself. Come and explore our printmaking studio and meet our artists who will be giving demonstrations and talking about their work. You can also catch the latest exhibition including exquisite drypoints by international artists Ellen Heck (USA) and Lisa Andrén (Sweden) and try your own hand at making a drypoint print.
- Family friendly
Newcastle & Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
0191 261 7000
0191 261 6700