Northern Print is the centre for contemporary printmaking in the North East. We’re here for everyone interested in any aspect of printmaking.
Our studio and gallery is based in Ouseburn in Newcastle upon Tyne and receives regular funding from Arts Council England, North East. This is what we do:
* Provide first-class printmaking facilities to meet the needs of our studio users.
* Place the very best artists at the centre of our programme and promote printmaking to the widest possible audience.
* Promote and sell prints, thereby generating income as well as contributing to the stature and financial well being of artists and printmakers in the North East.
* Contribute to ongoing research and development of printmaking together with printmakers from around the world.
* Act as a focus and catalyst for all those involved in the advocacy of printmaking, including schools, colleges, curators, artists groups and collectors.
Gallery, Artist studio or collective
Gallery opening times:
Wednesday - Saturday – 12.00 - 16.00
Sun, Mon and Tues – closed
Please check opening times during Christmas and New Year.
Please contact Northern Print for details of studio opening times and classes and courses programme.
Gallery entrance is free
- 25 November 2015 6-8:30pm *on now
- 9 December 2015 6-8:30pm
This is the perfect way to learn some simple print techniques and spend half a day having fun making cards, gift tags, wrapping paper and decorations in plenty of time for Christmas.
£38.00 (£34.20 for members)
Woodcut and Chine Collé - One Day Course
- 5 December 2015 10am-5pm
Working with artist Jo Bourne, discover the expressive qualities of this traditional, simple relief printing method using a combination of Japanese ply and lightweight papers. You will be shown how to cut an image into the plywood, print it and develop the print using different coloured papers which are applied onto the image under the ink.
£58.00 (£52.50 for members)
Newcastle & Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
0191 261 7000
0191 261 6700