Newcastle & Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
0191 261 7000
0191 261 6700
Northern Print is the centre for contemporary printmaking in the North East. We’re here for everyone interested in any aspect of printmaking.
Our studio and gallery is based in Ouseburn in Newcastle upon Tyne and receives regular funding from Arts Council England, North East. This is what we do:
* Provide first-class printmaking facilities to meet the needs of our studio users.
* Place the very best artists at the centre of our programme and promote printmaking to the widest possible audience.
* Promote and sell prints, thereby generating income as well as contributing to the stature and financial well being of artists and printmakers in the North East.
* Contribute to ongoing research and development of printmaking together with printmakers from around the world.
* Act as a focus and catalyst for all those involved in the advocacy of printmaking, including schools, colleges, curators, artists groups and collectors.
Gallery, Artist studio or collective
Gallery opening times:
Wednesday - Saturday – 12.00 - 16.00
Sun, Mon and Tues – closed
Please check opening times during Christmas and New Year.
Please contact Northern Print for details of studio opening times and classes and courses programme.
Gallery entrance is free
Glossary: Winter 2014/15
- 2 December 2014 — 12 April 2015 *on now
A lot of people think that printmaking is about reproductions. Nothing could be further from the truth. Each print in Glossary is an original. That is to say it doesn't exist in any other form and was conceived and made purely as a print.
Glossary celebrates the very best in contemporary printmaking and takes the viewer on a journey into the private studios of seven artists working in the UK today through a series of specially commissioned films by Alan Fentiman.
Each of the 12 pictures in this exhibition has been made using a different printmaking process from potato printing to digital and has been chosen because it expresses the fundamental qualities of that particular method in tune with the artists' ideas.