Northern Print is the centre for contemporary printmaking in the North East. We’re here for everyone interested in any aspect of printmaking.
Our studio and gallery is based in Ouseburn in Newcastle upon Tyne and receives regular funding from Arts Council England, North East. This is what we do:
* Provide first-class printmaking facilities to meet the needs of our studio users.
* Place the very best artists at the centre of our programme and promote printmaking to the widest possible audience.
* Promote and sell prints, thereby generating income as well as contributing to the stature and financial well being of artists and printmakers in the North East.
* Contribute to ongoing research and development of printmaking together with printmakers from around the world.
* Act as a focus and catalyst for all those involved in the advocacy of printmaking, including schools, colleges, curators, artists groups and collectors.
Gallery, Artist studio or collective
Gallery opening times:
Wednesday - Saturday – 12.00 - 16.00
Sun, Mon and Tues – closed
Please check opening times during Christmas and New Year.
Please contact Northern Print for details of studio opening times and classes and courses programme.
Gallery entrance is free
The Late Shows
- 18 May 2018 7-11pm
Did you know that traditional British street parties started as ‘peace teas’ as a treat for children after the hardship of WW1? Northern Print will be hosting a street party and invite you, your family and friends to join them as they celebrate printmaking and community spirit around the trestle tables. You can print bunting, see the printing presses in action, chat to our studio artists, find out about Northern Print’s printmaking classes and view their latest exhibition of work by Nicole Polonsky. There’s something for all ages so join them for a new take on an old fashioned shindig!
Newcastle & Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
0191 261 7000
0191 261 6700