AeroVenture - South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum
Doncaster Leisure Park
Based at the former site of RAF Doncaster, AeroVenture is a treasure trove of Aviation history, available to all from a short motorway journey. Most of our exhibits are under cover, ideal for sunny or rainy days. Try our PC-based Flight Simulators. Learn about aviation with our interactive computer displays. Selected cockpits always open - put yourself in the pilots seat!
We have a museum shop with refreshments, books videos and model aircraft kits. AeroVenture is close to local cinema, fast food outlets and shopping arcade. Museum Membership - New volunteers are always welcome please call for more details and a membership pack.
Wednesday to Sunday plus bank holidays, 10am to 5pm, winter opening 10am to 4pm. We are also open on Tuesdays during school holidays.
Senior Citizen £3.00
Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 2 children) £8.00
Reduced rates for schools and other parties with teachers and helpers free. To discuss a group visit please call the museum on 01302 761616 or 01709 544674 out of hours.
Aviation, Science and Technology, Social History, Weapons and War
Key artists and exhibits
- Military Aircraft collection from propeller training aircraft to Mach 2 Jet fighters
- Historic 60-year old RAF buildings including Bellman aircraft hangar and authentic wooden RAF huts
- Helicopter Collection
- Commercial Light Aircraft Collection
- Royal Observer Corps Exhibition
- Piston Engine Collection including Rolls Royce Merlin and Griffon
- Jet Engine Collection including DeHavilland Ghost, Rolls Royce Avon and Conway
- Sheffield Blitz Exhibition
- WWII Home Front Exhibition
- Local Airfields - then and now including RAF Doncaster, Finningley, Lindholme, Worksop and Firbeck
- Aircraft under restoration
- History of local RAF Squadrons including 616 (South Yorkshire) Squadron which fought in the Battle of Britain and were the first operational jet squadron and 271 Squadron which took part in D-Day flying Dakotas
- Falklands Exhibition