Ivy House Farm
Wrawby Postmill is a windmill in the unitary authority of North Lincolnshire, England, at Wrawby near Brigg. It was built between 1760 and 1790 to serve the Elsham Hall estate.
The mill originally had four common sails, but through most of its working life had the popular combination of power with flexibility from two common and two spring sails.
It was working until the 1940s finishing with four spring sails, before becoming derelict. After threats of demolition, it was acquired and restored in 1965 by Wrawby Windmill Preservation Society. Recent maintenance saw a return to the mixed sail types in 2008, with funding support from the SPAB Mill Repairs Fund and donations from local residents.
It is the last post mill in the north of England, and is open to the public on Bank Holiday Mondays from Easter to August, and the last Sundays in June and July. Milling is for demonstration only, there is a small museum of milling tools and souvenirs and refreshments are usually for sale. Group visits are welcome at other times. See the village website www.wrawby.org.uk for contact details.
Industrial heritage site
The Mill Open Days in 2012 (2.00 pm to 5.00 pm)
Adults £2, Children £1, Family ticket £5