Llandudno Museum was established in 1927 following the bequest of F.E. Chardon (an artist) to the town of his magnificent collection of paintings and objets d'art from around the world.
The museum houses a variety of items from Chardon's collection including a kitchen housing traditional Welsh furniture, crockery etc from his cottage in Snowdonia.
The museum also has displays on the early history of Llandudno from fishing and farming community through to the town's development as a major tourist destination.
There is also a regular programme of temporary exhibitions.
Easter-31 October Tues-Sat 1030-1300 & 1400-1700
1 November-Easter Tues-Sat 1330-1630
Adults - £2.00
Child - £1.00
- Museums Association
The collection includes works of art by Attilio Pratella, Frank Brangwyn, Cuthbert Swan; sculpture by associates of Chardon eg Vincenzo Gemito and many works of art collected by Chardon eg Japanese netsukes.
F.E. Chardon's own paintings and drawings;
Archaeological collections from excavations on the Great Orme (neolithic and bronze age) and Roman material from Kanovium.
The Llandudno Field Club collection of geology and natural history.
The Royal Artillery collection of militaria covering the First and Second World Wars.
Archaeology, Decorative and Applied Art, Fine Art, Natural Sciences, Personalities, Social History, Weapons and War
17-19 Gloddaeth Street