Mevagissey Museum

History's first mention of Mevagissey is in 1313, but its fine, harbourside museum suggests it is much older. Older even than the two 6th century Irish missionaries who gave it its name, or the archaeologically attested trade with Phoenicians in copper and tin. A museum piece itself, the building in which the exhibits are housed belongs to the 18th century when it was used to construct and repair vessels for smuggling.

Venue Type:


Opening hours

Easter - end October 11:00 am - 5:00 pm

Admission charges


Mevagissey Museum
East Wharf,
Inner Harbour
PL26 6QR



01726 843568

All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.