Known locally as the Tithe Barn, Swalcliffe Barn was built for the Rectorial Manor of Swalcliffe by New College, who owned the manor. Constructed between 1400 and 1409, it is one of the dozen best barns in the country, with much of its mediaeval timber half-cruck roof intact.
The Oxfordshire Buildings Trust owns it and repaired it with a grant from English Heritage. Oxfordshire County Museums lease the barn as "display storage" and visitors may see some of the collection of agricultural and trade vehicles.
Museum, Agricultural site
Easter Sunday to end October
Sundays and Bank Holidays only 14.00-17.00
Special openings for groups ( eight or more people) by appointment, phone 01295 788278
Swalcliffe, Nr Banbury
Swalcliffe Society Website
Swalcliffe Village Website
Chair The Swalcliffe Society
Chairman Swalcliffe Society
Schools: Contact Sibford Gower School