Sefton Park Palm House
0151 726 2415
0151 726 9304
Sefton Park Palm House is a Grade II* listed Victorian palm house situated in leafy glades of Sefton Park, 2 miles from Liverpool City Centre.
It was built in 1896 and gifted to the city by Henry Yates Thompson. It is managed by Sefton Park Palm House Preservation Trust and contains plants from around the world. Statues of naturalists and explorers stand guard at each of the octagional corners. It is open to the public 7 days a week and there is a varied programme of events (mostly free) to enjoy.
It provides a superb location for private celebrations and is available to hire for weddings, parties, dinners, award ceremonies and balls.
Historic house or home, Science centre
Mon-Sun 10.30-17.00 (closed at 16.00 when an event on)
May be closed on Tues or Thurs for events, please check beforehand
Guided tours available on request.
Toilets available at Palm House during Trust events only, otherwise they can be found by the cafe in the centre of the park.
Architecture, Design, Natural Sciences
Key artists and exhibits
- MacKenzie & Moncur glasshouse
- Leon-Joseph Chavailiaud statues