The Olde Smithy Museum

The Olde Smithy Museum
High Street
Owston Ferry
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
DN9 1RE
England

Website

E-mail

davewilliams24@tiscali.co.uk

Telephone

01427 728169

Fax

01427 728169

All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.

The Olde Smithy Museum is a village black smith shop that was closed during the 1980's. The smithy was never modernised and is today very much as it was in the early 1900's. The museum is rather unusual as it contains two forges instead of one. There are items of local history as well as all the original blacksmith's tools.

Venue Type:

Museum

Opening hours

At present the museum is only open during May through to end of September on Sundays between 2 till 5pm. It is staffed by volunteers, and can be opened at other times by appointment.

Please note that the museum does not have a letter box, so all correspondence is via Dave Williams (Secretary), Owston Ferry Society, 16 Church Street, Owston Ferry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN9 1RG

Collection details

Industry, Social History

advertisement