SS Robin Gallery
West India Quay
020 7538 0652
The Robin Gallery is a registered charity creating an international centre for documentary photography located on board Europe's oldest complete steamship in the heart of London's Docklands. The ship's origional cargo hold has recently been transformed into a 2000sq.ft floating exhibition space and classroom.
Gallery, Ship or maritime heritage site
SS Robin Gallery seeks to challenge perceptions by illustrating and exploring our lives and planet through extraordinary documentary images.
Key artists and exhibits
- Reuters; British Press Photographers Association; Old Fogeys;
Creative training ICT
The one-day courses are designed to build teams, improve communications and inter-department relationships within the inspiring enviroment of the world's oldest complete steamship.
This unique creative experience is a hands-on training session which builds leadership and team skills in a positive, non-aggressive environment.
The courses are run in association with Apple Education and SouthStreet Films
SS Robin Trust works closely with local schools and community groups.
We run creative learning workshops designed to:
- create a unique, inspiring environment for students to discuss and analyse society and cultures through documentary images.
- provide a dynamic and relevant resource for schools, catering in particular for students at KS 2-5 in Photography, Media, Citizenship, Art & Design and English.
- encourage students to use photography as a visual language, exploring how ideas, concepts and narratives are conveyed through images.
- offer specialist tailored workshops to develop students' own creative responses to their environment, mentored by industry professionals and supporte