Staunton Country Park
Staunton Country Park
Middle Park Way
023 9245 3405
023 9249 8156
Staunton Country Park offers a fantastic day out for all the family.
Encompassing over 1,000 acres, it remains one of the few remaining examples of a listed Regency landscape. The Park was landscaped by horticulturalist, traveller and Orientalist Sir George Staunton.
In addition in being the leading authority on China he funded plant collectors such as Robert Fortune. Such was his influence that plants continue to bear Sir George's name today.
The Park offers an ornamental farm with an array of exotic and traditional breeds,a rainforest experience, Golden Jubilee Maze, formal gardens and 1,000 acres of parkland. The parkland offers the chance to explore historic follies, an ornamental lake and ancient woodland.
A £1.2m Heritage Lottery grant has enabled the restoration of the farm and tearooms as well as a brand new conference and education wing.
Garden, parklands or rural site
The Visitor Centre is open daily from 10am to 5pm (4pm in Winter).
Closed: Christmas Day
Child (3-16) £3.60 (Must be accompanied by an adult)
Family £18.50(2 adults and 3 children)
You can purchase a season ticket to Staunton Country Park which includes free entry, seasonal newsletters, special events and discounts.
Dogs on leads are welcomed in the parkland. Only guide dogs can go into the farm and gardens.
Join the Angling Club for low cost all year angling. Membership and day tickets can be purchased from the visitor centre during opening hours on showing a valid rod licence. For further information please call 023 9245 3405.
Excellent Meetings and Conference facilites available for hire. Can cater for 2 - 200 people in a range of inspiring venues.
Also available for hire for private functions - great for wedding receptions.
Architecture, Natural Sciences
Key artists and exhibits
- Feed the friendly animals on the original Ornamental Farm and enjoy the fun trails for children of all ages.
- Children will enjoy the new play area.
- Discover rainforest in the largest glasshouses on the South Coast and enjoy the variety of flora in the the formal gardens
- Explore 1,000 acres of landscaped parkland with ornamental lake, ancient woodland & follies
- Take on the challenge of our young Golden Jubilee Maze & Puzzle Garden
- All year angling in the historic setting of Leigh Park Gardens
- Refurbished tearooms & new Restaurant,brand new conference and education facilities, open from Spring 2004.