Film and Video Umbrella
8 Vine Yard
020 7407 7755
020 7407 7766
Film and Video Umbrella curates and produces film, video and new media projects by artists which are commissioned and presented in collaboration with galleries and venues across England. Film and Video Umbrella's programming activities are supplemented by a number of publishing initiatives, encompassing exhibition catalogues, artists' CD-Rom and DVD releases, and monographs.
Film and Video Umbrella also has a pool of audio visual exhibition equipment which, when not being used to support Film and Video Umbrella commissions, is available for hire at a subsidised rate to venues staging artists' film and video work in the UK.
Association or society
Film and Video Umbrella does not hold a collection, however details of all the works commissioned by the organisation, (including details of all exhibitions, publications and online projects) can be found at www.fvu.co.uk.
Film and Media
Key artists and exhibits
- Current and recent commissions include: Matthew Buckingham - The Spirit and the Letter
- Marcus Coates, Tacita Dean, Alec Finlay and Guy Moreton, Alexander and Susan Maris, Simon Pope - Waterlog
- Various Artists - Single Shot
- Gillian Wearing - Family History
- Zineb Sedira - Saphir
- Ergin Cavusoglu - Point of Departure
- Ori Gersht - The Forest